STUDENT FUSION DETAILS
Student Fusion brings together a diverse team of students and leaders, puts them through a week of in depth training then sends them to a foreign country. Different language, food, transportation, customs, hygiene, and everything else you can think of!
It’s just you and your team, put there with the monumental task of sharing the Gospel of Jesus. You’ll be sharing Jesus with people who probably can’t visit a church. People who can’t flip past nineteen Christian radio stations or listen to sermons on the internet. People who are lost, and nothing’s going to change that until someone like you is called by God to bring His light into their darkness.
Student Fusion is your chance to truly impact the world with the power of the Gospel.
Pre-Field (At Home) TrainingWe offer pre-field training while at home through webinars, instructional material on how to share ones testimony and an easy to read yet inspirational and informational book.
BootcampThe first 3-4 days of our trips are always designed to be pre-field training together as a team in either Schroon Lake, NY or Hudson, FL at each respected Bible Institute. In these “Bootcamps” we bond as a team, learn God’s heart beat for the world through seminars and interactive teaching, and thoroughly learn and develop our evangelism/discipleship tools and methods.
We use the ACT 111 training from Evantell Ministries to effectively cover what the Gospel is, how to share it, and how we can use our own testimony/stories to do so. The “Bootcamp” section of Student Fusion trips trains, teaches, and equips students to not only be ready for the following 10 days to 2 weeks on the foreign field, but it prepares them for being an effective disciple and disciple maker for Jesus wherever they are at.
On-Field ExperienceOur desire for our on field experience varies from field to field. But our overarching desire is to be a blessing to the full time missionaries on the field, to be involved in evangelism/discipleship, and to be actively participating in the local churches of the area we are going to.This takes form in different ways. You and your team could find yourself counseling and running a camp in the jungle, sharing the Gospel with people on the streets of the Capital city or washing dishes in a kitchen.
While these may be some of the main ways we do ministry we look for ways to use the gifts God has given you so that you can be effective in what God has equipped you with.Each trip is led by experienced missionaries and missions mobilizers. These trip leaders are assisted with Word of Life Bible Institute students as the trip counselors who’s main responsibility is to pour their lives into the high school students while on these trips. We begin each day with morning devotions and time together as a team family and end each day with evening devotions and reflection on the day’s ministry opportunities. This allows the students to comprehend as well as verbalize what they have learned throughout that day.- Trips usually vary from 14-20 days (those numbers include our Bootcamp days)- Locations vary from Africa, Caribbean, Central & South America, Europe and Asia.
Post-Trip ExperienceOnce home our desire is to take the things learned and to put them in to action for life, not store them as memories and pictures in a scrapbook. We do this by giving utilizing our last couple of nights of evening devotions while on the field to prepare for life application once back home as well as having a follow up webinar that students can choose to attend online for post-trip acclamation information.
How to apply for a passport: travel.state.gov
During the summer after your Junior year of high school you can earn a $1,000 scholarship to WOLBI
During the summer after your Senior year of high school you can earn a $2,000 scholarship to WOLBI
Current Trip Opportunities
Student MissionsStudent MinistryNew York City – Student Fusion
New York City is where the world joins in one city. We are told to make disciples of all nations — the nations converge in NYC! Come personally serve and learn alongside a seasoned, full time Open Air Evangelism team in sharing the Gospel in NYC! Our NYC team will participate in public gospel presentations, distribute literature and engage in conversations with the people in NYC.
Student MissionsStudent MinistryDominican Republic – Student Fusion
Have you wanted to do a short-term mission trip but don’t have the time to spend 2-3 weeks out of your summer? The Student Fusion Dominican Republic trip is the trip for you!
In a short but life changing 10 days, you can be a part of ministering in local churches, helping a weekend camp, and touch the lives of little children in need of hearing about Jesus. Stay at the Word of Life camp property that is right on the ocean as you help work on camp property projects.
This trip is the shortest we have for this summer but by far is the most ministry jam-packed! Come join us.
Student MissionsStudent MinistryBermuda – Student Fusion
Do you love camp? Have a passion for seeing people come to know Jesus as their Savior? Have you ever thought of being a part of camp on a Caribbean island? Bermuda is your opportunity! Student Fusion is excited to extend the offer to you to come join in an amazing Caribbean mission unlike any we have had in a long time. Come help us counsel, teach, and run camp by loving students in the name of Jesus! There will also be opportunities to partner with local churches and be a blessing to them through activities in the community.
Student MissionsStudent MinistryPanama – Student Fusion
From the beautiful Word of Life property in Panama, you can be a part of interacting with students at the Discipleship Training Center, be involved in reach out to communities in open town square ministry, local schools, and churches. Panama is a country that is open to hearing about the Gospel. Come partner with full-time missionaries and be a blessing to the Panamanian people! What better way to spend a couple weeks of your summer than investing into lives for eternity?!
This trip leaves from Florida.
Student MissionsStudent MinistryUganda – Student Fusion
Known as the “Pearl of Africa” Uganda will be a trip you do not want to miss out on! We will be partnering with Word of Life Bible Institute in Uganda to minister in local schools and churches. Word of Life Bible Institute exists to evangelize and disciple young people and give them a solid foundation in the Bible! Come emerge yourself in the African culture and see how the missionaries are using this purpose to reaching the Ugandan people with the Gospel of Jesus. Our Bible Institute in Uganda is one of the newest schools that Word of Life runs! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to see and be a part of what God is doing!
Student MissionsStudent MinistrySpain – Student Fusion
Come be a part of a trip like no other! Through partnering with Word of Life missionaries in Spain you will be running 2 weeks of camp; 1 week at International Camp and 1 week at Beach Camp. Interspersing the weeks of camp there will be opportunities to serve local churches and Bible clubs. If you have a heart for service, counseling, high energy, or even behind the scenes type ministry this is the trip for you! Come experience ministry in one of the most beautiful European countries and the 3rd most visited country in the world. Even with its major tourism influence, it is a nation that is in deep need of hope and security in the person of Jesus Christ. Come share hope with the youth of Spain!
Once you have your Pastor’s blessing, most participants will do any combination of the following methods for support raising:
• Send out a prayer letter explaining the trip they are going on, what their financial needs are and expressing how God led them to the trip (make sure to include support slips and the link to your online giving site. You can find a sample letter, your support slips, and your online giving link all on your Student Missions Account).
• Present your trip to your church, Sunday school and/or Youth Group. Share the same items as you would in a prayer letter, but perhaps incorporate a PowerPoint with pictures of the country you are going to and be sure to provide your support slips afterwards for those who would like to give.
• Hold a fundraiser. Whether it’s a bake sale or a car wash, make sure people know who they are supporting! Bring copies of your prayer letter and support slips for those who want to give later, or a second time.
• Post on your Facebook wall about your trip and provide the online giving link.
• Meet with your family, members of your church, and your friends to present your trip and why you want to go, face to face.
• Make prayer cards or refrigerator magnets with your picture and online giving link to remind people to pray for you and support you financially.
• Personal Evangelism: We will teach you during BootCamp how to share your faith effectively, and give you opportunities while on the trip to share (often times through a translator)what God has done in your life.
• Music: We will be learning songs for each trip as to be prepared to help minister through song while on the field!
• Drama: A drama team will be chosen during BootCamp to practice specific dramas that will set the stage for a Gospel presentation.
• Children’s Ministry: Whether it’s making balloon animals, sharing a drama, singing, playing interactive games or sharing your testimony in a way that a child can understand, children are important to the Lord and we often find that the opportunities to minister to them are endless!
• Speaking through a translator: Most of the countries we travel to have a first language other than English, because of this and in order to be effective in ministry; we often utilize the help of translators. During Boot Camp we will practice techniques for working with a translator to help you feel more comfortable and be able to communicate clearly.
• Dealing with culture shock: Whether it’s your first time out of the country or not, travelling to and living in a different culture than your own can be challenging. Our staff will walk you through some country specific details so that you have a better idea of what to expect and tools for dealing with homesickness, different food and languages.
• Team building: There is nothing more encouraging than to be a part of a close-knit team. God’s Word makes it very clear that when we are unified, He is glorified! We will be taking time to get to know each other and grow together, even before we go to the missions field and serve together.
• Family time: A time of sharing, worship, and prayer as a team with your trip staff.
• Support Raising: Each participant is required to raise the full amount of their trip, no exceptions. We also have deadlines (see “Are there any deadlines?”) in place that we ask that you adhere to, these deadlines enable us to purchase airline tickets and provide our overseas staff the funds to set up your housing, food, and transportation prior to your arrival!
• Communication with the Student Missions team: The Student Missions team will be staying in touch with you over the next few months prior to the trip and we ask that our participants commit to checking their email once a week and/or returning our voicemails promptly. We are not soliciting, instead we are doing our best to make sure you are ready for the trip and that your questions are answered. We are looking to build a relationship with you as we prepare together for your missions trip!
• Pre-Boot Camp Prep: We will be sending you a book or two to read before the trip and sending you a link to EvanTell’s training on personal Evangelism. We will provide you with more details as we get closer to the trip date, but you can expect a package from us about 2 months prior to your departure date!
• Personal, Daily Quiet Time: We believe that having a time with the Lord and in His Word every day is an extremely important part of Christian living and growth. As such, we will provide you and your fellow teammates with a daily passage for study and time in the schedule to focus on Him. We will also take time to share what the Lord is teaching us and to pray together as a team, we call this Family Time.
• Following the Word of Life Dress Code: During BootCamp and our time overseas we will expect our participants to adhere to a level of modesty and dress that we feel reflects a desire to honor our brothers and sisters in Christ and a life lived to honor the Lord. We will send you a specific packing list and dress code, approximately 2 months prior to the trip and we welcome any questions that you might have about it! Our goal is to not allow our clothing to distract from the ministry opportunities that God gives us.